Town Site founded 1915
Busby is a hamlet in central Alberta, Canada within Westlock County. It is located on Highway 651, approximately 52 kilometers northwest of Edmonton and 16 kilometers west of Highway 2.
Busby was settled by Americans and was named Independence when the post office opened in 1903. In 1915, the Edmonton, Dunvegan and British Columbia Railway arrived and the hamlet's name was changed to Busby.
The Hamlet of Busby has approximately 100 residents. Busby serves a larger area than just the hamlet. There are many rural farmers and acreage owners that consider Busby home.